Research assistant (m/w/t) for the research group HELICAP – Institute for Social Medicine and Health System Research (ISMG)
Reference number: 461-2020
The Medical Faculty is an integral part of the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg and cooperates with the University Hospital Magdeburg A.ö.R. in research, teaching and patient care. The research profile of the faculty is characterized by the two main areas "Immunology and Inflammation" and "Neurosciences". Approximately 185 students of human medicine are enrolled each year.
Structural unit: Institute for Social Medicine and Health System Research (ISMG)
Job title: Research assistant (m/w/t) for the research group HELICAP
The Institute for Social Medicine and Health System Research (Director: Prof. Dr. Dr. Apfelbacher) is looking to immediately fill a part-time position (m/w/t)
The research group HELICAP (FOR 2959) "Health Competence in Early Childhood Allergy Prevention: Parental Competencies and Public Health Context in the Face of Changing Evidence" started its work in January 2020 after the approval of a first, three-year funding phase by the German Research Foundation Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
Your tasks will include:
- Establishment of a coordination team of the research group
- Establishment of a management structure consisting of the scientific coordination center, a steering group and (scientific) advisory boards
- Supervision of staff and the coordination team
- Conducting accompanying research, especially regarding the theoretical development of an integrative model of health literacy
- Intensive scientific exchange with the members of the DFG Research Group and with international cooperation partners
- Establishment of modern communication methods (e.g. online collaboration tools, instant messaging etc.) within the research group
- Participation in national and international publications
- Very good university degree in health education, health sciences, epidemiology or public health
- Furthermore, a completed doctorate with a focus on health science is desired
- High competence and interest in the fields of public health and health promotion
- Experience in independent project coordination and/or in the implementation of third-party funded projects and ability to organize complex project processes
- Strong interest in research-related coordination and communication in the HELICAP research group
- Very good knowledge and skills in scientific work
- Experience in dealing with modern communication methods or the willingness to acquire appropriate knowledge
- Strong interest in teamwork and cross-location communication
- Very good written and spoken German and English
- A challenging, exciting and varied position in the team of the interdisciplinary research group HELICAP
- Research in an interdisciplinary working group with high qualification in health science research and empirical research methods
- Research in a current, scientifically and socially relevant area of public health
- Varied activity as member of an interdisciplinary team of research partners
- If desired, participation in teaching is possible
Renumeration: E 13
It is a part-time position (50%). The position is to be filled for a limited period of time.
For further information, please contact, Prof. Dr. Dr. Christian Apfelbacher under Tel. 0170/3734296, E-Mail: Christian.Apfelbacher@med.ovgu.de.
We look forward to receiving your application by 30.11.020 (application deadline).
email@example.com (Reference number: 461-2020)
Geschäftsbereich Personal (K24)
Reference number 461-2020
Leipziger Str. 44
Severely disabled persons are given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. It is assumed that the Equal Opportunities Officer is allowed to inspect the application documents. Application costs will not be reimbursed.