Doctoral Studies for International Graduates
Information on doctoral studies at the Faculty of Medicine
It is possible for international students who did not obtain their university degree through our faculty to apply for doctoral studies.
Application at the Faculty of Medicine
If you want to apply for doctoral studies at our faculty, please contact directly the responsible professor of the medical department you are interested in.
Information on our clinical departments and institutes are available here:
The research focus of our faculty is descibed here:
Your application should contain the following documents:
- Your full name, complete address, email-adddress and fax-number
- Purpose of stay (Why do you chose this subject, which work experiences do you have?)
- CV with all important information concerning your education
- Officially notarized copies of your university degree and record of grades
- Officially notarized translations into German or English of your university degree and record of grades
- Letter of recommendation in German or English
- Proof of English or German knowledge
- Copy of your passport
If you get a positive answer from the department or institute, your university certificate has to be checked by a national authority called "Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen". If your university degree is considered equivalent to German medical studies, you can apply officially at the responsible committee of the faculty.
On the following web pages you will find further information on doctoral studies at our university and contact to other international doctoral students: