Doctoral Studies for International Graduates
Information on doctoral studies at the Faculty of Medicine
A doctorate is also possible at our faculty for foreign students who did not graduate from our faculty.
You are also allowed to write your dissertation in English, if your respective tutor agrees.
Applying for doctoral studies
If you would like to apply for a doctorate at our faculty, please contact the professor of the department you are interested in directly.
Information about our clinics and institutes can be found here:
Our faculty's research profile can be found here:
(website only available in German)
Your application should include the following documents:
1. Your name, full address, e-mail address and fax number (if applicable).
2. Letter of motivation (Why do you choose this field of study? What experience do you already have?)
3. Curriculum vitae with all important data about your professional education
4. Certified copies of your university degree and overview of subjects and grades
5. Certified translation into German if these documents are not in English.
6. Proof of knowledge of German or English
7. Copy of your passport
If you receive a positive response, the faculty will perform an equivalency review to determine whether your degree qualifies you to pursue doctoral studies in Germany.
If your education is recognized as equivalent to German medical education, an official doctoral application can be submitted to the responsible committee of the faculty.
On the following websites you will find further information about the doctorate at our university and contacts to other international doctoral students: