Welcome to the Website of the International Office of the Medical Faculty
You will find on this website information for international applicants, students and scientists interested in the Medical Faculty. Information on other study programmes are available at the Central International Office on the Main Campus at Universitätsplatz:
Welcome to Magdeburg - Studies and further medical education for International students and scientists
General Information on studies in Germany:
- Information on studies in Germany
- University Ranking of Medical Faculties in Germany
- Information on studies in Magdeburg (please follow the application guidelines explained on this website)
- Application for Regular studies in Human Medicine (prospective medical students)
The Medical Faculty is planning to introduce Test As (Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences Module) as an obligatory application requirement for all Non-EU-applicants starting from WS 2016/17. Please make sure to take the test as soon as possible. You have to take the test in German, otherwise it will not be accepted!
- Information on uni-assist (application services) - (prospective medical students)
- Application for Practical Training (visiting medical students)
- Application for Practical Training or Research Periods (visiting scientists)
- Application for Doctoral Studies (prospective doctoral students)
- Application for Specialization Training (Facharztausbildung) or Employment (medical graduates)
- Information for Exchange Students (International Students from partner universities)
- Frequently Asked Question A (possibilities of study and research, german proficiency, visa, finances)
- Frequently Asked Question B (location, transport, accommodation, bureaucracy, insurances, culture)
- IKUS - Intercultural Students, association that supports International Students in Magdeburg
- Travel information: How to get to Magdeburg
About the International Office of the Medical Faculty
The International Office plays a decisive role in shaping the university's relationship with other universities worldwide. It establishes contact with universities abroad and prepares cooperative agreements, which facilitate the exchange of faculty members. Communication of information about study and research periods abroad and available funding is a central point of its public relations.
The International Office is the first and most important contact for foreigners interested in studies or research. It counsels foreign students and scientists on studies and research possibilities at our faculty, but also on social matters and questions regarding legislation for foreigners. It facilitates interaction with administrative channels and is prepared to assist with any problem that may arise.